Choosing exterior paint colors for your home can be nerve-wracking. Nowhere else is so much paint used, and nowhere else does it make such a big impact as the exterior of your home. If you get it right, your home will look naturally beautiful. If you get the color wrong, your home will become an eyesore in the neighborhood. With so much pressure, how can you get the color right? Follow these tips for a beautiful exterior home color.
- Honor the Style of your Home- Pick colors that work with the era your home was built in. Pick colors that fit with the style of your home and are historically accurate for the time it was built. For example, bright colors on a mid-century home or older might not work.
- Pay Attention to the Architecture- Pick colors that work with the roof, stone work or walkways as those are bound to not change and will affect the appearance of the color you select.
- Follow Three Steps- Select the main color of your home, the accent color- which would be shutters doors, and the trim color. Make sure these three colors work well together and that the trim and main color have a contrasting element to them to really make the home pop! If you plan to go with a darker color for your home, choose a light color for trim.
- Ask for Help and Don't Stress!- Let Spectrum Painting's color consultant help with choosing colors for you home. Not only will she bring along chips and samples across the color "Spectrum", but she's also able to do a mock-up of your home or business in a print out showing how different combinations of color will look.
- Call Spectrum Painting today to set up an estimate for the exterior of your home, as well as any interior, carpentry and soft washing needs! We're standing by at 973-706-6033!