When it comes to staining your deck or fence, there are many options to choose from. Between product, color and opacity, it can be overwhelming. Here’s a breakdown of what the opacity of colors mean:
- Clear: No color added, shows the natural beauty of the wood.
- Translucent: Enriches the beauty of wood with a touch of color and allows the grain and texture to show through.
- Semi-Transparent: Beauties wood with color while allowing most of the grain and texture to show through.
- Semi-Solid: Covers most imperfections while allowing some of the grain and texture of the wood to show through.
- Solid: Covers a majority of imperfections while lightly allowing the texture of the wood to show through.
One of the products that Spectrum uses, Arborcoat by Benjamin Moore, is designed to protect wood from harsh UV rays and water damage. Staining a brand new bare wood fence or a sanded down deck is important in the keeping the longevity of your exterior areas. Give Spectrum Painting a call today at 973-706-6033 to set up an estimate about how we can resurface or refresh you deck, fence or home!