How to Clean Your Epoxy Coated Floors
After a harsh New Jersey winter, your epoxy coated garage floor will most likely need a good cleaning. To extend the life of your epoxy coated floors, always sweep away debris and spot clean any spills as soon as possible. We also recommend a more thorough cleaning at least twice a year, during the spring, summer or fall, when temperatures allow you to leave the garage door open for your floor to air dry. To clean your epoxy coated floor, we recommend the following:
- Sweep the floor to remove any loose dirt or debris.
- Pour the recommended amount of a gentle detergent and warm water into a bucket based on the manufacturer's instructions.
- Dip the mop into the bucket and wring it out so that the mop is damp, not wet.
- Mop the floor.
- For heavily soiled floors, it may be necessary to change the detergent and water mixture several times.
- After cleaning the entire floor, empty and rinse the bucket and wring out the mop.
- Fill the bucket with fresh water and mop the floor a second time to rinse away the cleaning solution.
- Allow the floor to air dry.
Special Note: The -8 flooring systems that we install are high in chemical resistance, but always use caution when introducing new cleaners to the floor. It is suggested to test a small, inconspicuous area of the floor to ensure that the cleaner will not harm the surface. See the chemical resistance chart to the right for more information.
We hope you found this home maintenance article helpful. If you have any home maintenance, interior painting, exterior painting, wall paper, carpentry, power washing, deck refinishing or epoxy floor coating questions, we would be happy to answer them. You can email us at [email protected] or call us at 973-706-6033.
Spectrum Painting and Paper Hanging LLC serves Passaic County, Bergen County, Morris County and in addition to interior and exterior painting services, also provides the following services: wall paper installation and removal, carpentry, power washing, deck refinishing, epoxy floor coatings, and more. Call us today to schedule your FREE estimate! 973-706-6033
Spectrum Painting and Paper Hanging LLC has been in business since 1989 and is the leading provider of interior and exterior painting services in Wayne, NJ and the surrounding areas including Franklin Lakes, Wyckoff, Ridgewood, Mahwah, Ramsey, Oakland, Kinnelon, Pequannock, Pompton Plains and Montclair.