Storing Paint in Cold New Jersey Weather
At Spectrum Painting, we are always trying to add value to your painting project by properly labeling your paint cans after your interior or exterior painting project has been completed. With New Jersey temperatures now dipping into the single digits, here are some simple steps you can take to extend the life of your leftover paint:
Here are a few things we recommend:
1. Store paint cans in a dry location where temperatures are above freezing.
2. Keep paint cans away from direct sunlight or extreme heat from a furnace or boiler.
3. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the top of the can before sealing it.
4. Close cans using a mallet to insure a tight seal.
5. Store cans on plastic or wood shelving to prevent cans from rusting.
If stored properly, leftover paint can last up to ten years.
We hope you found these painting tips helpful. If you have any interior painting, exterior painting, wall paper, carpentry, power washing, deck refinishing or epoxy floor coating questions, we would be happy to answer them. Call us today at 973-706-6033 to schedule your FREE estimate!